Lyric’s Great Escape

So, it’s been 2 months since my last post! I must admit I had a bit of a “woah with me, why is this pregnancy so rough, Lyric just come out, please release me” pity party session. Being locked up in the house, only to escape for doctor’s appointments had finally taken its toll of me and I literally didn’t want to do anything but lay in the bed. Here I was, on my 4th month of bed rest and just now wanting to really rest in bed. But I still had 2 months of pregnancy to go.

As I approached 32 weeks, my doctor had finally lifted my bed rest sentence and I was back to being a normal pregnant woman. Please believe I took full advantage of it and tried to escape from the four walls of my bedroom as much as possible.

That was until,  Pebbles (Lyric) started planning her great escape. I started having Braxton Hicks on and off and major back pain, so back to my bed I went. I made sure, I decreased my activity and tried laying down as much as possible. As I was getting ready for a much needed play date with Bam Bam (London), the unthinkable happened. I started bleeding! Because I’m so calm and collective and my pain tolerance is high, I continued getting ready for the day, called my mom, informed the Captain what happened, told him to go to work and I drove myself to the hospital. Yes, I drove myself, picking up my mom along the way, after all it was just 10 mins from my house. I knew nothing was seriously wrong as Pebbles was bouncing around like she normally does.

Come to find out, Pebbles was trying to literally pull the fire alarm aka my placenta and was trying to escape. She had somehow managed to cause a Marginal Placenta Abruption, practically tearing my placenta from the walls of my cervix. So we would be continuing our bed rest sentence in the hospital after all, just as my doctor predicted.

After a few days in the hospital, some much needed R&R, good food and frequent visitors, we had both had enough and was ready to go home. But again, she had something else up her sleeve. We were to be released Friday morning, and early Thursday morning my contractions started. I kept telling my nurses that I was in labor, but as history repeats itself, they didn’t believe me. You see, the same thing happen with Bam Bam and by time they checked my cervix, I was ready to push him out. Same thing happen with Pebbles, I was in labor for approximately 4 hours, and 3 pushes later she was in my arms.

procelain-doll-copyMy feisty Princess was born at exactly 35weeks, weighing 5lbs, 12oz, and 18.5 inches long. A completely healthy baby girl with no complications and no time served in the NICU. God is so good and after a long journey of pregnancy, seeing her little face was soo soo worth every day spent in the house and every shot by buttocks had to endure. 🙂



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s