After having Bam Bam, I thought that I had it all figured out. That motherhood would be a piece a cake, after all I wanted this, right?! Wrong! Couples fail to realize that with becoming parents you lose a lot of yourself, especially after having more than one child. You have to enter in a realm of “self-discovery” after transitioning into parenthood. So here are a few tips that worked for me, after having Pebbles:
- Write thank you notes to the nursing staff or to family members that have helped you with the adjustment.
- Check in on social media, update your status, or maybe upload pictures of your new addition. OR even find images of quotes that fit how you are feeling.
- Writer a letter to your new addition, your spouse or if you have other children
- Suggest a gathering, maybe a “sip and see” for your little one, this may occupy your mind and give you something to look forward to.
- Write a sweet note to yourself on a post-it in a place that only you can find.
- Create a positive affirmation that you can say to yourself in the mirror.
- Call a friend that might have children around the same age
- Be creative, color a picture, or some type of art to express emotion.
So, take some time to check off a few of these, you might just a feel a little better about yourself….I did 🙂