Grab Your Forks! It’s National Cake Day!!! Here’s a great recipe for you to try with the kiddos today! Just in case you’re not over the Fall, but excited about Christmas.
Quick and Easy Black Cherry Chocolate Cake
- 1 2-layer-size package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 10 – ounce jars black cherry spreadable fruit or preserves
- 2 tablespoons kirsch, brandy or cherry juice
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Add a tsp of cinnamon or instant espresso for a little spicy flavor
- Thinly slice mint leaves can also had a bit of holiday cheer
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- To serve, in a small bowl, stir together spreadable fruit and the kirsch. Cut cake into squares. Top with whipped cream and spreadable fruit mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls, melted chocolate or chocolate sauce. Serve immediately or chill for no more than 1 hour.
- (Follow the directions for cupcakes to make individual desserts)
- The famous saying, ‘let them eat cake’, was attributed to Marie Antoniette upon learning that her people had no bread, but the saying was probably much older.
- The ‘cakewalk’ dance originated in African American communities in the Southern United States and was originally a competition in graceful walking, with cake awarded as a prize.